This is a copy of Leonard Colodny's original filing
with the United States District Court for the District
of Columbia [Case No. 92 1807 (HHG) (481p.)
This digitized version does not include any of the
Exhibits. It does not include Core 19.
- Declaration 66p.
- Subject matter core categories 9p.
- Core Category #01 [Dean Knew that intelligence gathering was
the key to power in the White House and Dean used
Anthony Ulasewicz toward that end] 36p.
- Core Category #02 [Dean did not inform Haldeman on February
4, 1972 of his attendance at, and participation in, the
January and February 1972 pre-break-in planning meetings
with Mitchell, Magruder and Liddy wherein electronic
surveillance, prostitution and clandestine entries were
- Core Category #03 [Dean pressured Magruder to approve Liddy's
'Intelligence Gathering' plan] 14p.
- Core Category #04 [John Dean concealed Gordon Strachan's
pre-break-in Watergate involvement from the Senate
Watergate Committee and the President] 21p.
- Core Category #05 [John Dean had the means to know that
call-girl ring services were being telephonically obtained
within the DNC] 43p.
- Core Category #06 [John Dean was concerned when the FBI
seized Phillip Bailley's address book because it listed the
names Maureen Biner, "Clout" and Cathy Dieter] 26p.
- Core Category #07 [When Bailley was arrested, John Dean
believed that the records seized from Bailley's home and
office could lead the authorities to the DNC and to the
installed illegal wiretaps] 7p.
- Core Category #08 [John Dean initiated and directed the
Watergate break-ins] 28p.
- Core Category #09 [John Dean began the cover-up from Manila
on June 17, 1972] 28p.
- Core Category #10 [John Dean was able to influence the
outcome of the FBI investigation by participating in FBI
interviews of White House personnel, by secretly receiving
FBI reports and through his relationship with acting FBI
director Gray] 35p.
- Core Category #11 [John Dean destroyed Howard Hunt's
operational notebooks which linked Dean to Hunt and the
DNC break-in] 22p.
- Core Category #12 [Maureen Dean had taken a low level
secretarial position in the government] 5p.
- Core Category #13 [Dean's abrupt, under-financed marriage to
Maureen Biner at an inopportune time prevented Mrs. Dean
from being a compelled witness against Dean] 9p.
- Core Category #14 [The reference to "subpoena evaded" in the
index of Silent Coup] 7p.
- Core Category #15 [The post-script to the soft bound version of
Silent Coup accurately reports portions of the contents of
correspondence between Maureen Dean's biographer and
journalist Jim Hougan] 5p.
- Core Category #16 [John Dean falsely testified about John
Mitchell's acts and participation in the Watergate cover-up]
- Core Category #17 [John Dean repeatedly committed perjury]
- Core Category #18 [John Dean lied to President Nixon] 17p.